Art, Craft, Fashion, Media & Photography
School Of Art Courses
The UK’s Creative industries will be one of the major growth areas of the UK economy over the next five years, employing well over 600,000 people The South West has the second largest Creative industries sector outside London and is home to 8% of Creative, Digital and Media employees.
There are a wide variety of Creative occupations, ranging from commercial work in Graphic Design or Media Practice, freelance work as a Photographer or Make-up Artist, design jobs in Illustration or Industrial Design or production jobs in the Computer Games or Fashion industries through to Teaching.
Welcome to Swindon College School of Art
The School of Art has a long and illustrious history; established in 1896 it has been providing specialist Art and Design education ever since. We feel it is important to offer a variety of different level courses to suit all ages and abilities. We currently offer a range of programmes at Further and Higher Education Levels and work in partnership with Oxford Brookes University.
We offer you:
- Open-plan flexible studios and workshops
- Specialist studios for Printmaking, Photography, Media Production, Fashion and Textiles and Ceramics
- Practical work-related projects to help develop the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful Practitioner
- Excellent links with local employers
- Outstanding teaching and support from specialist staff
- Opportunities to participate in trips and visits in the UK and abroad
- End-of-course celebrations including exhibitions and catwalks
- The opportunity to progress into one of our University Level courses, including HNC/Ds, Foundation Degrees and Honours Degrees
View full time courses >
View part time courses >